- Asian and African Area Studies is published biannually. The Editorial Committee welcomes the submission of papers, research notes and book reviews that contribute to Asian and African Area Studies. Manuscripts should be original and unpublished. Manuscripts simultaneously submitted to other publications are not accepted.
- The Editorial Committee will decide to accept or reject all manuscripts submitted by considering the results of the referee’s review.
- Manuscripts may be written in Japanese or English. Below are the notes for English manuscripts.
- Papers should not be more than 20,000 words in length; research notes not more than 10,000 words; book reviews not more than 2,000 words; each fieldwork news not more than 2,000 words. These limits include figures, tables and photos.
- Papers and research notes should be accompanied by an English abstract of about 200 words.
- Manuscripts should be sent to the editorial office; an original electronic file and a copy in PDF format should be submitted as an attachment to the E-mail. The file name should include only the date of submission and the title, but not the author name. Any figures, charts or maps should be sent as a separate file.
- As for papers and research notes, send an “author contribution form” along with the manuscript. The author contribution form can be downloaded from the following link.(Author Contribution Form)
- Figures, charts and maps should be provided in a camera-ready form, and the places of insertion should be designated.
- Authors will be neither charged nor remunerated for publication of manuscripts. Authors will receive fifty offprints of each article free of charge.
- Copyright of all the contributions (papers, research notes, etc.) published in Asian and African Area Studies belongs to the Asian and African Area Studies Editorial Board. The submitted manuscript will not be disclosed until the journal is published. After the publication of the full text on our website, authors will be able to open it on the web by using the specific link to the text on our website.
- When reprinting or translating the paper published in our journal to another place, authors must first obtain the permission of the Editorial Committee.
- Prospective contributors should refer to the Guidelines for Contributors. The latest versions of the guidelines as well as this notice can be obtained from here: www.asafas.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/publications/guidelines.
- Manuscripts for submission and editorial communications should be sent to the Editorial Committee, Graduate School of Asian and African Area Studies, Kyoto University, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, JAPAN.
Tel: +81-(0)75-753-7161 E-mail: editor [at] asafas.kyoto-u.ac.jp